.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 
YERUSHALAYIM, WE CAN NEVER FORGET YOU!

In the midst of singing his famous niggun for “Im Eshkachech Yerushalayim,” Reb Shlomo Carlebach declares:

“There is no pain in the world that can make us forget Yerushalayim
There is no joy in the world that can make us forget Yerushalayim
For two thousand years, whenever we prayed, and we prayed all the time,
We directed our thoughts, our feet, our minds to Yerushalayim

If you would have stopped a little Yiddeleh on his way to the gas chambers
And would ask him, ‘What are you thinking about?’
He would answer, ‘I am thinking of Yerushalayim. I’m on my way to Yerushalayim!’

If you’ll stop a little Yiddeleh on his way to Siberia:
‘What are you thinking about?’
He will answer, ‘I am thinking of Yerushalayim.
I’m on my way, I’m on my way to Yerushalayim!’

So…Im eshkachech Yerushalayim, Tishkach, Tishkach, Tishkach Yemini
[If I forget you, Yerushalayim, let my right hand be forgotten!].

NOTE: This is in honor of Yom Yerushalayim, which begins tonight. I'll try to post some links to niggunim, time permitting!

Comments:
amen
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?